Oh, The Places You’ll Go (In Agency Life)August 14, 2018
By Mitch Koch, Account Director
I was once told that your career is nothing but a collection of experiences, and that you should collect as many varied ones as possible. That piece of advice, in fact, is a big part of what drew me to Fast Horse.
Last Wednesday, while on the open road returning from a visit to the hallowed, not-so-frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, I found myself reflecting on the exceptional industries, products and experiences I’ve had the pleasure of taking on in agency life. And, more specifically, the crazy cool experiences I’ve collected since joining Fast Horse three years ago.
The highlights of a wide-ranging wild ride include:
- The visit to Lambeau Field, where we filmed a case study video with top Packers executives on the stadium’s perimeter security barriers.
- Arranging a homecoming event in Flint, MI, for the first two-time gold-medal-winning boxer in U.S. Olympic history.
- Working to launch a cause marketing campaign with the help of a now ESPY award-winning philanthropist.
- Introducing a new breed of bicycle technology to the U.S. market.
- Taking in not one but two high school All-American dunk contests, one from inside the famed Chicago Theater, of all places.
- Collaborating with All Star-level professional athlete spokespersons to earn media coverage in top outlets like ESPN.
And much more. Independently, they’d all be considered sought-after experiences. Collectively, they’re the reasons I work at Fast Horse. And realistically, they represent only a small fraction of the countless, unbelievable experiences shared by my fellow Ponies.
To quote Dr. Seuss, and bring this post full circle: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy [or gal] who’ll decide where to go.