Launching a New Breed of Bike Tech
Amsterdam-based bike maker VanMoof, known for its intelligently designed city bikes, looked to break into the U.S. market with a new line of “Smart” bikes unlike anything American riders have ever seen.
Working with a shoestring budget, Fast Horse was tasked with spreading the news of VanMoof’s innovative technology and empowering people to embrace bikes as a smarter means of transportation.
- Leverage the launch of the Smart bikes to tell a broader story – how the brand is ushering in the future of city transportation
- Illuminate the tech that sets VanMoof apart and dispel preconceived notions associated with electric or “e-bikes”
- Generate major buzz with a mix of national bike, tech and lifestyle-focused media, by showcasing specific features that resonate with each unique audience
- Earn coverage from key New York media to generate foot traffic into new Brooklyn store
- Engage relevant influencers to drive awareness and lend credibility
VIP launch event at the new Brooklyn brand store attracted a wide variety of influencers, who were among the first to take the bikes for a spin
With a small marketing budget, telling the VanMoof story through earned media became the focal point of launch efforts
Targeted, customized pitching was critical to driving coverage from A-list media outlets
Influencers became advocates and drove widespread social media buzz
- More than 100 high-profile stories generated 300 million impressions
- Hailed as “Tesla of Bikes”
- Surpassed presale campaign goal in 6 hours
- Reached $1MM in sales during the campaign’s first week, far exceeding expectations