Hey there! My name is Clare and I started at Fast Horse at the top of the year. I’m a kid from Wisconsin who grew up on an 80-acre apple orchard/hobby farm inhabited by horses, cattle, peacocks, ducks, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats and exactly one parakeet. I was homeschooled from preschool through high school, and my 3 younger siblings are doing the same. I went to a small college in a tiny, haunted town in Kansas and I graduated in 2016.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what my career path has looked like thus far:
- Lifeguard: I saved exactly one life. It was stressful.
- Nanny: The most exhausting summer of my life, as I drove a mini-bus filled with nine children all screaming to pull over on the road because they want to save the turtle in the ditch.
- Resident’s Assistant: Same as above, but with 130 girls who didn’t like my movie choices but did laugh at my jokes.
- Creative and Event Intern for the Office of the President: Nothing says chaos like being asked to plan and host an alumni banquet with only one month’s notice!
- Career Outreach Liaison for the Minnesota DNR: They asked a college student to design a program to use throughout the entire agency. It was a “fake it ’til you make it” situation.
- Sole employee of a small marketing firm: AKA crash course in agency life. I wore many hats, such as design, production, copywriting, account management, project management, receptionist and bison-whisperer.
- Fast Horse: Man, I’m happy to be here.
And, here’s a few facts about my life outside of work:
- I’m engaged!! I’m getting married!! In September!!
- I love telling stories through photography and writing.
- If you have ever received a Nicolas Cage photo through an AirDrop while sitting in an airport, it was from me.
- My fiancée took me to a mental-ward museum for our first date.
- I’ve been to ten countries and this year I’m making it 11 (what’s up, Iceland).
- There was a point in college where I was drinking 8 espresso shots a day. A DAY. I could see sounds.
- I enjoy making fun of myself and my laugh is really loud.
- I REALLY want a dino suit. I have at least 44 uses for it.
- I once had a crepe filled with French fries and I was more excited about that than being at the Eiffel Tower.