Job Posting: Bookkeeper (Part-Time)June 8, 2015
By Tony Kirwin, VP Operations / General Counsel
Fast Horse — an award-winning integrated creative agency — has an immediate opening for a part-time Bookkeeper. We seek a dependable self-starter who can assist with accounts receivable, monthly invoicing, and general bookkeeping and accounting tasks.
Our ideal candidate has at least two years of experience as a bookkeeper. Experience and knowledge of the operations of a marketing or advertising agency, or other professional services-based company, is a big plus. Other helpful characteristics: flexibility, good problem-solving skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and always get the job done.
- Assist with input and reconciliation of accounts receivable
- Input and reconcile expenses and vendor purchase orders
- General bookkeeping journal/ledger entries
- Assist with monthly invoicing, including compiling necessary expense and vendor records
- Assist with bank and credit card reconciliation
- Assist with W-2s, 1099s, and other tax compliance as necessary
- Sales/Use tax reporting
- Additional accounting and bookkeeping activities as assigned
- Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Expertise using QuickBooks
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Critical thinking, problem solving and ability to work independently
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with teams
- Part-time, hourly position
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Accounting degree preferred
- At least two years experience and demonstrated track record of effectively performing bookkeeping and accounting activities
- References required
Fast Horse has been honored numerous times among Minnesota’s best places to work by both The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal and Minnesota Business magazine, and, in three of the past four years, have been named among the Business Journal’s “Fast 50,” which recognizes the fastest growing businesses in the Twin Cities over.
ABOUT FAST HORSE
Fast Horse is an independent creative agency based in Minneapolis’ thriving North Loop neighborhood. We work on high-profile campaigns for well-known brands such as The Coca-Cola Company, Heineken, SweeTango Apples, Marvin Windows and Doors, Be The Match, General Mills, Deluxe Corporation, and more. In addition to a slew of other accolades, our work recently earned us a Cannes Lion, ten Effies, a PR Week Award, a Global SABRE, a Silver Anvil, and a Jefferson Award for community service. More about our people and our work can be found by visiting our homepage at www.fasthorseinc.com.
Please direct résumés to email@example.com and include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.