Apple fans rejoice! Tomorrow is International Eat An Apple Day. (As if I need another reason to eat an apple. I have one every single day — sometimes twice if I’m feeling wild.)
For those of you that don’t already indulge in nature’s candies, here is a crash course on my – and soon to be your – favorite fall fruit.
- Apples are members of the rose family
- Bees are some of the apple’s best friends. They pollinate the apple blossoms — a key part of production.
- Men used to propose to women by throwing an apple at them. If the answer was yes, they caught it.
- Americans eat more apples per capita than any other fruit.
- Johnny Appleseed was a real person.
Recipes & Pairings:
The best part of tomorrow’s holiday? It falls right in the middle of the best season of the year – SweeTango season! Pick one up here, and celebrate International Eat An Apple Day!