January 28, 2011
Since its Valentine’s Day, I thought it was only appropriate to focus on a brand I love. Not just choose or use, not just like or prefer, but LOVE. Like I would never go anywhere else LOVE. My choice? Target.
Now I know, this isn’t some obscure brand or unique new find. It’s Target, it’s everywhere. And that, Dear Readers, is one of the top 10 reasons I love the big red bulls-eye. Here are the other nine:
1. Every store is set up the same. I can walk in to a store in Scottsdale, Ariz., or Aberdeen, S.D., and know where to head for my item(s) of choice. It’s comforting to know that even in a strange city, you can feel oddly at home at any Target.
2. The brand emulates my personality – inexpensive and stylish. For someone who cuts coupons every Sunday, yet still loves new trends, Target provides the best of both worlds.
3. The addition of groceries makes it a one-stop shop. For any busy individual or mom who has to cart out several kids on errands this is a no-brainer and makes life SOOO much easier.
4. In some markets, it sells beer and wine. Excuse me? Toilet paper, Malbec and a cute sweater all in one store? Sold!
5. You can dress like a star on a pauper’s budget. From summer sheaths to handbags, you can find exclusive designs from some of THE hottest designers and you don’t need to live in a big city to nab them.
6. @targetdailydeal on Twitter – a new online deal every day and it includes free shipping. ‘Nuff said.
7. The company’s strong focus on local communities from early childhood readers and education to the arts.
8. LED Motion sensors in the refrigerated and frozen aisles and plethora of organic food offerings shows me they are operating mindfully.
9. And last but not least, Target makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. I can walk in with five items on my list and walk out with 20 more. To some of you that may not be a positive, but for me, it’s pure shopping bliss.
February 17, 2011