As we look ahead to a new year, we’re taking a minute to look back on what was a momentous year for Fast Horse. We did some pretty amazing things in 2009 within and outside of these four walls, and I am honored to say that I am part of something truly incredible. The people, our culture, our clients, and the work – together, they add up to some pretty memorable experiences. Here are a few highlights we’ll celebrate as we toast the year that was.
In 2009, Fast Horse:
- Took an Olympic gold medalist from Dancing with the Stars to Dancing with the Cars.
- Rocked out with Robert F. Kennedy Jr. at Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.
- Cooked up thousands of hamburgers and hot dogs for fans on the nation’s longest grill – our compliments to Chef Tyler Florence.
- Sold windows from the floor of the world’s largest building industry trade show.
- Helped plant 100,000 trees in state parks throughout the US.
- Branded and created beaucoup de buzz about the latest fruit sensation.
- Boosted troop morale with the help of country music act Montgomery Gentry.
- Prepared three young adults for an unprecedented journey: 206 countries, 150,000 miles, in 365 days.
- Helped a major manufacturer brings its products and its expertise into the world of social media.
- Launched Tile Tales.
- Created awareness for a charitable organization benefitting from a major golf tournament’s ticket proceeds.
- Helped Minne, the Lake Creature, find her new home.
- Made getting out of awkward family functions a lot easier by helping people find their stand ins or long lost twins.
- Celebrated a racing legend’s legacy.
- Announced a global casting call.
- Gave an NFL champ his long overdue recognition in front of 30,000 fans.
- Learned how to scrapbook.
- Taught Minnesotans how to beat obesity the right way with a state-wide health campaign.
- Told the story of a family-owned Minnesota company that refused to cut workers during the recession.
- Gave a few race fans and a couple of sideline reporters the ride of a lifetime around Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Worked with local organizations – plus a state senator and US representative or two – to clean up watersheds in 10 markets across the country.
- Launched a new positioning and brand strategy for the nation’s premier online high school, connecting high school students across the county with a great option to stay in school.
- Introduced a super hero to the world via a short film we wrote, produced and promoted.
- Engaged basketball fans nationwide with an event that showed off players’ skills.
While we were doing all of that, we also:
- Had two babies and have one in the oven.
- Threw the best backyard BBQ in Fast Horse history (which almost compensates for our many lame ones).
- Helped Club Jager weather the recession.
- Celebrated our eighth year in business.
- Visited China, England, France, Hawaii, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Tampa, Chicago, Las Vegas, Portland and miscellaneous cities in Iowa, North and South Dakota, and Wisconsin, to name a few.
- Hired five new ponies.
- Launched Neck Beard productions.
- Cumulatively Tweeted nearly 700 times.
- Made 200 new Internet friends – and hired a couple of them – through the Fast Horse Experience on Facebook.
- Posted 260+ unique blog posts, increasing our Peepshow readership by nearly 75%.
Phew! What a great year!
- Thanks to Fast Horse peeps that challenge one another and make it fun to come to work every day.
- Thanks to out clients for believing in us, taking risks with us and allowing us the opportunity to be your trusted partner.
- Thanks to our friends and families for understanding all that comes with working in a dynamic organization, and supporting us every step of the way.
We can’t wait to see what 2010 has in store and hope you’ll continue to be a part of our journey.