The Electrified S: Tomorrow’s Bike TodayApril 7, 2016
By Alex Stahlmann,
If you didn’t know, 2016 is the future. Hoverboards exist (sort of…), virtual reality is on the verge of becoming mainstream, and now, thanks to the forward thinkers at client VanMoof, we have an electric bike worthy of our beards and artisan coffee. Seriously though, the Electrified S is next level.
A reinvention of the “e-bike,” the Electrified S neither looks nor sounds like what we’ve come to expect from electric bikes. It’s sleek, incredibly lightweight and powerful. Since announcing the bike earlier this week, it has already captured the attention of Tech Insider, Inhabitat, Gear Junkie, Cool Material and others.
Ties Carlier, cofounder of VanMoof, states, “We’re confident we’ve built the smartest and most connected e-bike on the market, and one that advances VanMoof’s mission of breaking down barriers to commuting, empowering more people to get from point A to point B in cities around the globe.”
Peep the futuristic features of the Electrified S:
- Smartphone Connectivity – A sleek smartphone app allows owners to change speed settings, track their bike’s location on a map using a built-in GSM connection and activate anti-theft tracking.
- Keyless Lock – Place your hand on the bike, and its integrated Bluetooth technology will confirm that you’re the owner and automatically unlock the bike.
- Fully Integrated – The bike’s electronics, battery and battery-powered LED lights are all integrated inside the frame, keeping the bike’s design clean and streamlined.
- Incredibly Lightweight – A small, invisible, nearly-silent motor results in a mere 40-pound bike, making it one of the lightest e-bikes on the market. That’s without sacrificing power: the Electrified S offers a range up to 75 miles and top speed of 20 miles per hour.
- Digital Touchpad Display – Embedded inside the bike’s top tube, the digital display is easily viewed while riding and shows details like speed, distance travelled, power level and battery life.
- Power Boost – A push of the power boost button helps riders accelerate faster.
Can’t wait to get your hands on the new Electrified S? Me neither. Well, we’re in luck – the future is now! VanMoof’s first 1,000 Electrified S bikes are currently available for preorder at special, limited-offer prices starting from $1,998. Come June, they’ll be available starting at $2,998 at VanMoof’s Brooklyn brandstore and at www.vanmoof.com.