Springing Into A New Season Of ExperiencesMarch 25, 2015
By Meghan Hodgdon,
While it may not feel like spring with our latest dusting of snow, last week saw the official first day of spring, and I’ve found myself reflecting on the new experiences that are hiding just behind this last bit of cold weather. It’s this time each year that I jot down a few new experiences that I aim to cross off my list.
Eleanor Roosevelt said it well: “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.”
Below marks this year’s springtime bucket list:
- Twin Cities Brewery Tour – With a new appreciation for beer and the many breweries popping up in the area, I hope to visit the rest of my local brewery bucket list, including Dangerous Man, Pour Decisions, Indeed Brewing, Lift Bridge and others.
- Bike the Grand Rounds – I’m looking forward to advancing my new hobby from last summer – biking – and accomplishing the feat of biking the big circle around the Twin Cities.
- Celebrating the Kentucky Derby – Donning a large hat and embracing my inner southern gal, while pushing me a little out of my comfort zone, will be a first — and will definitely be accompanied by a mint julep.
- Saint Paul Saints – While I am proud to call Saint Paul my stomping grounds, I am ashamed to admit that I have yet to attend a Saints game, and hope to enjoy my first at the brand-new Lowertown Ballpark after its opening just around the corner in May.
- My First Whirl – After many years of living in Minneapolis, I am determined to attend my first Art-A-Whirl, the largest open studio tour in the country. 2015 marks its 20th year, and it should be a whirling good time!
With an insatiable curiosity for new experiences, I look forward to the ways these new adventures will open my mind and spark creativity. Trying new things is always a worthwhile endeavor and a great way to be inspired.
Where would we be without a little adventure?