With the Fourth of July fast upon us, I think it’s worth breaking down the great American binge-fest by the numbers. Following some extensive research (see: professional Googling) I found the following metrics to be particularly compelling:
- Upwards of 70 million Americans have plans to either host or attend a BBQ of some kind.
- The average American household will spend more than $300 on their Independence Day festivities.
- The amount of beer consumed over the 4th accounts for roughly 5 percent of the annual average.
- There are only 3 states that ban all consumer fireworks. The offending parties? Delaware, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- And last, but definitely not least, Americans consume 150 MILLION HOT DOGS over the course of the holiday weekend; that’s a lot of tube sausage.
If you (like me) are proud to count yourself among the 150 million strong, I created a desktop background to get your hot dog fan flag flying a little early.