For the first BattleFight debate, two behemoths of darkness go head-to-head accompanied by their favorite communication technologies:
Lord Voldemort and Twitter VS. Darth Vader and the iPhone 3G.
- Crazy lightsaber skills
- Telekinetic choke hold
- Exceptional pilot
- Widescreen video and the ability to shop for music with just one tap
- GPS locator – opponent can track location and progress
- Limited phone service
- iPhone arrogance and false sense of superiority
- Paternal love
- The Unforgivable Curses (Imperius, Cruciatus and Killing Curses)
- Concise microblog posts (140 characters in length!)
- Instant updates via SMS, RSS, and email
- A snake
- Twittering is addictive and a time-drain
- Spam Twitterers that follow you in hopes that you will follow them
Place of Battle: the battle will take place on the construction site of the new Twins stadium at dusk.
Special Rules and Conditions:
- Both Darth Vader and Voldemort will be in their prime (Empire Strikes Back and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, respectively).
- Voldemort will have access to free Minneapolis public WiFi.
- Darth Vader will have a Bluetooth Headset connected to his iPhone 3G
- Voldemort will have a MacBook Pro (Tiger operating system) in order to Twitter
- Darth Vader’s machine body parts are immune to magic
- Voldemort has over 286 followers on Twitter
- Voldemort won’t have any horcruxes
- Vader can deflect projectile spells with his lightsaber
- Vader has a $50 gift certificate on iTunes