Great Opportunity In New Media: Modern Midwest Seeks Editorial InternApril 21, 2014
By Bob Ingrassia,
Who’s looking for a new media internship that wraps storytelling, web editing and creative thinking into one awesome job?
Well, then, the Modern Midwest editorial internship is right in your wheelhouse.
This is an exciting opportunity for a writer with digital chops who’s looking to make a mark in new media.
So, what is Modern Midwest? It’s a new lifestyle brand that comes to life in a number of ways – online and in-person.
Modern Midwest – in a strategic alliance with Fast Horse – is building a community that unites modern design enthusiasts with retailers, makers and a multitude of other brands that help define the good life in our beloved “flyover country.” Our content covers a variety of topics, including architecture, interior design, furniture, fashion, graphic design and the culinary arts.
We’re looking for an energetic and creative editorial intern to help us grow our community through sponsored content — news, brand stories, events, ideas and everything else that celebrates the modern lifestyle. If you’ve got writing experience, web and social media know-how, and a passion for the topics we cover, we want to hear from you.
Read the internship details … then make the case for why you’re ready to tackle this challenge.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day web editing duties, including writing and posting fresh content, crafting headlines and blurbs, and building story pages
- Help develop engaging and timely story ideas
- Identify items from around the web to post and share with the Modern Midwest audience
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars
- Help manage Modern Midwest social media channels
- Work with clients to produce informative and engaging sponsored content
- Help track analytics and create regular reports
- Assist with agency marketing initiatives, including new business presentations and collateral development
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working with WordPress and popular social media platforms
- Experience creating, managing and publishing digital content
- Resourcefulness — integrating creative knowledge with business realities
- Openness to new ideas and influences
- Curiosity to seek out new techniques and innovations
- Four-year B.A. or B.S. degree
- Demonstrated skills in digital publishing and web editing
- We seek an intern who can demonstrate a keen interest in modern design and an eye for the modern aesthetic
- We value initiative, a sense of humor, risk-taking and flexibility
- You also need to have a thick skin and a long fuse to thrive in a creative, open, fast-paced environment
- Starts as soon as can be arranged
- Initial internship period is for 90 days but may be extended
- Paid position, hourly
- 40 hours per week
- Location: North Loop and Downtown East | Minneapolis
How to Apply
To apply for this position, email a cover letter, your resume and appropriate links to email@example.com.
Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:59 p.m.