Modern Midwest Seeks Design InternJuly 11, 2013
By Joanne Grobe,
Modern Midwest is looking for a design intern who is eager, versatile and seriously creative.
We know there are designers out there who know Adobe programs inside and out. But we’re looking for more. We want someone who can bring a high design sensibility to Modern Midwest — a super exciting initiative. We’re also looking for someone with branding experience in the online world.
Modern Midwest is building a community of people passionate about modern design and modern living in the Midwest. We’re sharing news, events, ideas and everything that celebrates the modern lifestyle.
How to Apply: If you think you have what it takes to thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment, we’d love to hear from you. Send a résumé and some work samples by July 26 to Joanne Grobe.
- Starts as soon as can be arranged
- Initial internship period is for 90 days but may be extended
- Paid position, hourly
- 40 hours per week
- Location: Warehouse District | Minneapolis, MN
- Comfortable designing for a variety of applications both digital and print: websites, email marketing, digital presentations and social media platforms
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Technical knowledge required to handle a variety of image editing and processing tasks as well as the artistic skills required to create beautiful images and/or illustrations
- Familiarity with Keynote
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or equivalent
- Creative, self-motivated and reliable
- A team player who can work in a demanding yet rewarding environment
- Adaptability, resourcefulness and a positive attitude