Hey, Intern Candidates: Show Us Your VideoDecember 7, 2011
By Jörg Pierach, President
Wanna be our next Creative Services Intern? All you have to do is channel your inner Replacements and the gig could be yours. We’ll explain.
Our ideal Creative Services Intern will be a talented videographer and video editor with a knack for visual storytelling. Photography skills and basic design skills will be a major plus. The more versatility the better. Beyond that, we’re looking for creativity, curiosity and the ability to thrive in our flexible, fast-paced environment.
Our work includes developing video content for clients ranging from Coca-Cola and Marvin Windows and Doors to non-profits such as the American Red Cross and the Minnesota Beatle Project. Check out some of our recent video projects here.
* Starts as soon as can be arranged
* Initial internship period is three months, but may be extended — and could even result in a full-time gig
* Paid position, hourly
* 40 hours per week
* Location: Minneapolis, Minn.
* Parking paid
* Significant experience shooting and editing video
* Organized and efficient; with a demonstrated track-record for successfully working under tight deadlines
* Strong proficiency with Final Cut Pro (preferably Final Cut Pro X)
* Comfortable creating videos for a wide range of situations, from quick web-only videos to HD videos intended for broadcast
* Technical knowledge required to handle a variety of image editing and processing tasks
* Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator)
* The storytelling chops and creativity required to convey a message with video, images or audio
* Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or equivalent
* Enough work samples to convince us you can do a killer job
If you’re a resourceful team player with the ability adapt on the fly and juggle multiple projects, we want to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Send a résumé and some work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, please create and include a one-minute video set to The Replacements legendary kiss-off to MTV, “Seen Your Video.” The video should be shot and edited by you, and should offer a little window into your world. The application deadline is midnight on Dec. 18, 2011. We will invite a select group of finalists in for interviews, and hope to have our new Creative Services Intern on board shortly after the start of the 2012.
Good luck, Scorsese!